Written by Healogics Chief Medical Officer, Dr. William Ennis.
Why Do Some Wounds Require Specialized Care?
Why Choose a Wound Care Center®?
- Any wound that does not go through the expected healing stages after 4 weeks of treatment
- Any wound with exposed bone, tendon, joint capsule, or with significant tunneling
- A wound with an underlying history of chronic osteomyelitis
- A patient with a wound and underlying immune compromise, vascular disease, rheumatological disorders or diabetes
- A wound that might be related to a patient history of prior exposure to radiation therapy
- A rapidly progressive necrotizing soft tissue infection
What Is Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT)?
- Diabetic wound of the lower extremity that fails standard of care for 30 days
- Late effects of radiation therapy on soft tissue
- A failed graft procedure
- Chronic refractory osteomyelitis
What Is the Healogics Wound Science Initiative?
Healogics provides world-class wound care to help wounds heal faster at more than 600 Wound Care Centers® nationwide. Over the past 20 years, we have helped to heal more than four million wounds.
If you are living with a non-healing wound, or caring for someone who is, request an appointment today.